[Webinar on RCEP: Electronic Commerce]
The Law Society of Hong Kong is joining hands with the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (“HKTDC”) to roll out a series of webinar on the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (“RCEP”) Agreement. The second event of this webinar series, themed on electronic commerce, was held successfully yesterday (13 June). It attracted registrations of around 200 persons from the business and legal sectors.
Prominent speakers from different professional backgrounds were invited to share their expertise in electronic commerce, and to discuss the opportunities and challenges brought about by RCEP for different sectors of the Hong Kong community, and how the legal profession can help identify and address related practical issues potentially encountered by local enterprises. This was followed by a lively and insightful discussion in the Question and Answer Session.
The list of moderator and guest speakers is as follows:
• Mr C. M. Chan, President of The Law Society of Hong Kong
• Mr Fred Kan, Chairman of Committee on RCEP, The Law Society of Hong Kong
• Mr Henry Cheung, Junior Economist (Asian and Emerging Markets Research Team), HKTDC Research
• Ms Shum Hin Han, Council Member, The Law Society of Hong Kong
• Ms Julianne Doe, Convenor of Working Party on Electronic Commerce, Committee on RCEP, The Law Society of Hong Kong
• Ms Cindy Hui, General Counsel, AliExpress, Tmall World and Taobao Global, Alibaba Group